Our one-of-a-kind insurance and financing solutions were created to innovate the legal industry by creating products that accelerates law firms’ growth. If you are looking to impact the law industry and join a (r)evolution while investing in your career growth, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive the development of growth strategies for LevelEsq.
Law firms need, now more than ever, increased financial flexibility and protection to compete in today’s marketplace. At LevelEsq, we use our financing and insurance expertise, cutting edge technology, and commitment to superior customer service to develop and provide financial and insurance products that give law firms just that: control of their finances.
Our primary goal is to help trial lawyers hedge their financial risks, protect their downside, and give them peace of mind so they can focus on obtaining the best result for their clients.
LevelEsq is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) that will work under the supervision of the Director of Marketing. The BDM will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing long-term business development strategies to generate qualified leads for the company’s product portfolio (lawsuit case expenses insurance & financing products), build brand awareness and be the face of the company in the legal industry representing us in all states Justice Associations and national conferences.
The BDM should be a road warrior who excels at building new relationships and strengthening existing ones. Legal industry sales/marketing/business development experience would be an asset for this role as it will enhance the connection with trial lawyers.
This role requires being adept at enhancing brand awareness, driving trial lawyers to the company’s website, and generating qualified sales leads for both products in the portfolio (Litigation Cost Protection & Lawsuit Cost Financing). The BDM will provide support in several areas, such as:
- Identifying and pursuing valuable law firm and trial lawyers’ relationships throughout the country
- Working in partnership with the internal Marketing Associate to set up meetings with trial lawyers to present LevelEsq, introduce them to the brand, our products and run hypothetical scenarios to engage with them and convert into qualified insurance policy holders and case financing borrowers
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Manage an existing insurance-based book of business and expand it by cross-selling additional financing products. All leads provided from our proprietary database
- Collaborate with the inside marketing team to develop a target list of high-volume law firms from whom you wish to target
- Travel to, and consistently meet with, all targeted law firms/trial attorneys
- Ensure trial lawyers/clients/potential clients’ satisfaction through excellent service and fast turnaround time
- Develop and expand relationships with all the trial attorneys and paralegals/office managers at the targeted law firms
- BDM will need to travel for face-to-face visits weekly and host lunches, happy hours, and events to strengthen relationships with target lawyers
- Ability to work toward specific business goals and meet and exceed sales goals expectations
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong negotiating and prospective skills
- Strong relationships with Trial Lawyers, law firms and other players in the legal industry
- Understanding of basic loan concepts and working knowledge of lending principles
- Must be service oriented with excellent organizational skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, time management, problem solving, telephone manner and customer service skills
- Success-obsessed personality
What we offer:
- A challenging and rewarding early-stage startup opportunity with unlimited growth potential
- A beautiful open concept office space in the heart of downtown Miami - walking distance from public transit and a variety of local restaurants and cafes
- A fun, friendly, and talented team that is passionate about financial technology and helping small businesses succeed
- Qualified candidates will earn commission, in addition to a competitive annual salary, for the product of the relationships they manage and cultivate in addition to full medical benefits, 401k matching, and unlimited PTO
Office is located in Downtown Miami (Parking pass is provided by the company). This role will require extensive travel throughout the country monthly to attend conferences and to meet with potential trial lawyers in their firms.
LevelEsq is an equal opportunity employer. At LevelEsq, we make all employment decisions without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.